Monday, June 29, 2009

Breakdown.

The intent of the blog is to document a journey.

This particular journey began eleven days ago, when I stepped on the scale and had a breakdown. Breakthrough?

296.4

I was less than five pounds away from hitting the 300 pound mark. I'm not sure why that threshold is any more horrifying than any of the other numbers I've blown right through in recent years . . . 250, 260, 275, 280,290 . . . but it is.

I refuse to get there. And I am ready to battle back the forces that have gotten me here in the first place.

My intent, my prayer, and my last, best hope is to document that battle here.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your journey! Remember that the hardest things do to usually end up being the most worthwhile in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've overcome the first, I say hardest, hurdle. You took the first step. You got the ball rolling. You actually started doing something about it! YEA FOR YOU! I'll be praying for you. I'll be cheering for your milestones! GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete