Friday, September 11, 2009

Another One Bites the Non-fat, High Fiber Dust.

One more pound down.

This morning's numbers: 261.2

This is one more pound down from last week, but, unfortunately, a pound UP from yesterday.

To be honest, I'm surprised I'm down at all this week. I skipped THREE days of exercise and let some unrefined carbs back into the house this week.

Unrefined carbs as in white pasta, Pepperidge Farm cookies, and big, fluffy white bread.

I swear, in terms of sheer addictive potential, that stuff is worse than crack. Or meth. Or the internet.

I guess I can take some pride in the fact that I think I have a MUCH better (not perfect, but better) sense of moderation when it comes to portion control and eating out of actual hunger rather than boredom, thirst, sadness, curiosity, whatever.

That said, It's clear that I'm starting to slack.

The start of the school year has put life on the "crazy busy" track again, and I'm still figuring out how to manage it all and get the daily exercise in.

Add to that an exchange student who doesn't know how to cook for himself, and I'm spending a lot more time in the kitchen.

Not. Good.

So, here's a plan to get my crap back in a row:

1. Make a weekly "plan" on the weekends. Carve out specific times reserved for exercise.

2. Get rid of the refined carbs. Again.

3. Develop a meth habit. I hear that stuff makes you skinny.

Okay, maybe I'll wait on number three. But it's always an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment