Friday, October 9, 2009

Cold Weather Woes!

First the good news:

Weight as of this morning: 250.4

Total loss: 46 lbs

Just .4 from my next milestone of 250!


Now the bad news:

It supposed to snow here tonight! YUCK!

I think losing weight in the winter is difficult!

Summer is easy and lovely with its warm weather and locally grown produce. This summer, especially, with its cool weather and lack of rain made outdoor activity really easy. Most days, I walked between three and five miles, and it made a HUGE difference in the speed of my weight loss.

As the snow approaches, though, I become a wimp! It's back to the albatross and the stationary bike (which needs a good nickname, by the way. Any suggestions??). I have been doing 20 minutes on each, for a total of 40 minutes of exercise, at least five days a week.

Thankfully, the numbers have continued to decline, but I can feel the cold-weather-urge to eat and hibernate setting in. It always starts with chili. Then baking. By Christmas, all nutritional hell has broken loose.

Today, it's banana bread. I just can't seem to quiet the still, small voice in the back of my head that says "There's starving people in China! You can't waste those blackened bananas!!"

I'm using whole wheat flour, though, and applesauce instead of oil. I haven't found a suitable sugar replacement, though. Agave nectar tastes good, but costs a small fortune. I might have to break down and use it, though, since BACKSLIDING IS NOT AN OPTION!!

In a distinct change from previous cold-weather-crises, I'm finding myself MUCH more determined this year. I'm living by the mantra "Success breeds success!"

I just have to keep focusing on the FOUR dress sizes I've already lost in order to work my way, step by precious step, toward the FOUR MORE I intend to lose.

Size 20 today. (This, in itself, is pretty amazing, since I distinctly recall being at least a size 22 in the past when I weighed LESS than I do now. There must be something to this muscle tone thing.)

Size 18 by Christmas or BUST!!

(There's a new dress riding on this last goal, so keep your fingers crossed, and don't get near me with sugar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment