Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Free-Verse Note to the Young Farmboys in a Hot, Red Sports Car Yelling "Suey!"

While your hog calling skills are impressive, I can only conclude the following:

One day soon

your girlfriends

or wives

or secret, salacious lovers

will surely be either

fatter

or uglier

or much less faithful

than I.

(Perhaps all three.)

And they will hurt you

worse

than

I

ever

could.

And, in doing so, they will have freed themselves.

And, in some small, secret way, me too.


And they will have imprisoned you, my fine, pig-calling friends,

for

life.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? or is this some famous person that I am supposed to know? I may have advanced thoughts in the world of medicine, but pop cultures and my literary mental bank is very lacking.
    Boz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this. And you're funny.

    If this is what pop culture has come to, we're in trouble.

    Big. Trouble.

    ReplyDelete