Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sixty pounds down! Woot!

So, I purposely skipped the weigh-ins over the Thanksgiving week, but I stepped up the workouts.

I knew I was eating too much, so I was determined to counter the excess consumption with extra calorie-burning cardio!

Wow! What a change in mind-set this is! Six months ago, the only exercise I would have added on the Thanksgiving holiday was a bicep curl with a turkey leg!

The good news?? My strategy paid off!

At my first post-Thanksgiving weigh-in this morning, I was 235.2!

That's 61.2 pounds gone! Woot!

In other news: Hell has frozen over, giving me permission to start jogging. Only treadmill jogging, mind you, but still. I jogged almost four miles on the treadmill last night.

I'm pretty sure that's more "running" (Yes, the quotation marks are intentional.) than I've done in the first 30 + years of my life.

And. It. Feels. Incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment